Monitor Audio WSS230 Super Slim In-Wall Speaker
- Product Sent From Australia
- Fast Free Australian Shipping
- Local Australian Warranty
- Secure Online Payment
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1M):87 dB
- Mounting Depth:50 mm
- Power Handling (RMS):60 Ws
- Nominal Impedance:8 ohms
- Driver Size:3 "
- Cut-Out Width:101 mm
- Cut-Out Height:346 mm
- Sold As: Single Speaker
The WSS230 design brings with it our renowned C-CAM metal cone drivers, resulting in added sonic precision and detail. Offering a step-up from the WSS130, this Super Slim in-wall model is one for projects where (even) more critical music reproduction is required.
The mid-point WSS230 offers a step-up in performance – additions here include Monitor Audio’s renowned C-CAM metal drivers, delivering increased precision and detailed sonic characteristics.
The WSS230 makes you think again – the possibility of installation in constructions featuring 2" studs slips effortlessly into view. Mounting restricted by AVC ducts, cabling or pipework? No problem to this in-wall speaker, or any of the speakers in this range.
These models can also be installed between a standard 14" stud bay, when used in a horizontal (portrait) orientation. Consequently, the same speakers can be installed around a screen, keeping the same neat visuals, as well as identical L-C-R performance.
To provide protection from damage by residual masonry or building materials, Monitor Audio designed a protective cover to keep the drivers and crossover safe. And the trim-less grille not only provides protection, it also adopts an incredibly discreet and low-profile aesthetic appearance.
These covers can be painted to achieve seamless décor integration, with the supplied replacement scrim maintaining the stealthy presence of the speaker once decorating is done. Nice and neat. Super strong, magnetically attached rare earth magnets ensure long-term security, coupled with easy installation and servicing.
- Good, better, best performance levels
- Super-slim depth 50 mm (2") – designed to fit in 2" stud walls or where space is restricted
- Designed for portrait or landscape installation – fits between standard 14" stud bays
- Elegant, slim profile only 385 x 140 mm wide
- Three, 3" bass/mid-range drivers featuring incremental technology and performance benefits – MMP II, C-CAM and dished C-CAM cones
- 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter used on WSS130 and WSS230 models. WSS430 utilises MPD high frequency transducer from Platinum IC model and flagship Platinum II speaker range
- High quality crossover components – Selected and voiced for amazing sonic performance
- Magnetically attached ‘trim-less’ grille – discreet, reliable, and easy servicing
- Tri-Grip Dog leg fixings – reliable, robust, and quick to install
- Gold plated sprung push terminals – easy to connect and reliable
- Paintable grille – to complement and blend with décor
- WSS430 has rotating tweeter for optimum dispersion when used in landscape configuration
- WB3 (dark blue) pre-construction bracket
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 75 Hz – 30 KHz
Sensitivity (1W@1M): 87 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Maximum SPL: 105.6 dBA
Power Handling (RMS): 60 W Full range (100 W with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 10 – 100 W
Drive Unit Complement:
3 x 3" C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
1 x 25 mm (1") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
Crossover Recommendation using AVR/Processor: 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
Overall Dimensions: 385 x 140.5 mm
Overall Depth (Including Grille): 54.25 mm
Cut-Out Dimensions: 346 x 101 mm
Mounting Depth: 50 mm
Connection: Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – For bare wire connection up to 4 mm2
Fixing Type: 6 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral filled ABS Plastic, RoHS2 Compliant. Painted steel grille
Weight: 1.4 kg
Pre-Construction Bracket: WB3 Pre-Construction Bracket (Dark Blue)