Ortofon Hi-Fi 2M Black Moving Magnet Cartridge
- Product Sent From Australia
- Fast Free Australian Shipping
- Local Australian Warranty
- Secure Online Payment
- The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond which slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
Ortofon has optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Series is Designed for Precise and Accurate Retrieval of the Information in the Record Groove
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
The name 2M was selected from among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
Summary of the five classic variations of 2M Cartridges:
- 2M Mono SE, 2M Mono and 2M 78 are a true mono cartridges for playing mono vinyl records
- 2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- 2M Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very even handed way that pays respect to all elements
- 2M Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and OM Super series.
We have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
|2M Black Technical Data|
|Output Voltage at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.||5 mV|
|Channel Balance at 1 kHz||1 dB|
|Channel Separation at 1 kHz||26 dB|
|Channel Separation at 15 kHz||15 dB|
|Frequency Response||20-20,000 Hz +2 / -0 dB|
|Tracking Ability at 315 Hz at Recommended Tracking Force||80 µm|
|Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral||22 µm/mN|
|Stylus Type||Nude Shibata|
|Stylus Tip Radius||r/R 6/50 µm|
|Tracking Force Range||1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)|
|Tracking Force, Recommended||1.5 g (15 mN)|
|Internal Impedance, DC Resistance||1.2 kOhm|
|Internal Inductance||630 mH|
|Recommended Load Resistance||47 kOhm|
|Recommended Load Capacitance||150-300 pF|
|Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus||Black/Black|
|Cartridge Weight Without Screws||7.2 g|
|Replacement Stylus Unit||2M Black (Interchangeable with 2M Bronze and 2M Black LVB 250)|
|Stylus Lifetime||Up to 1000 Hours without Degradation of Performance (with Proper Care)|