SVS Prime Series Center Speaker
- Product Sent From Australia
- Fast Free Australian Shipping
- Local Australian Warranty
- Secure Online Payment
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
A true 3-way center channel
Prime Center: Clear Dialogue. Seamless Soundstage.
A center speaker has a challenging part to play. It has to be a soloist—delivering clear and natural dialogue. And in a split second it has to step back and be part of the back up band—melding with the ambiance of the environment they are creating. The Prime Center delivers both these demanding parts in world-class precision with its 1” aluminum dome tweeter, dedicated and independently sealed 3.5” midrange driver and dual 5.25” woofers – a true three way design, a rarity for center speakers in its price class. Voicing is neutral and natural, bringing dialogue and vocals forward just enough to be clear and intelligible. Yet, when called on to play its part in transitions—like a jet fighter soaring across the sky from left rear channel to front right—it blends in to create a smooth, realistic transition. Elegantly styled like its Prime siblings, the Center will look beautiful in any listening environment.
Superior Technology and Design – Amazing Sound and Performance
Borrowing liberally from the flagship Ultra Center, the Prime Center channel features a true 3-way center channel with a vertically-aligned tweeter and midrange driver. This eliminates comb filtering and lobing in the horizontal axis – resulting in crystal clear dialogue at all listening positions in the room. Now everyone will have a ‘sweet spot’ and won’t have to strain to hear dialogue.
The dual 5.25” woofers deliver a full and rich sound, doing full justice to deep male voices and delivering plenty of punch on special effects. And to make sure those beefy woofers can’t modulate the delicate and critical midrange frequencies, the midrange driver is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment.
Available in premium-grade piano gloss black or handsome black ash finish, the Prime Center is handsomely styled and tells the world you’re serious about high performance home theater.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- The dedicated 3.5” midrange driver delivers natural, smooth and clear vocals and features a polypropylene cone, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Dual 5.25” woofers punch out the bass with a long-stroke suspension and rugged motor, a polypropylene cone, an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch 3-way crossover ensure a smooth transition between all drivers for a seamless presentation and effortless projection into the room both on and off-axis. Courtesy of premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
Loudspeaker Physical Description::Center Channel Loudspeaker Black ash and piano gloss black finish options. 5-way binding posts. Dual 1” wide-flared rear-firing ports. Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system. Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height). Cabinet Dimensions: 7.6" (H) X 18.6" (W) X 8.3" (D). Overall Dimensions: 7.7" (H) X 18.6" (W) X 9.2" (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet). Shipped Dimensions: 12.2" (H) X 23" (W) X 13.4" (D). Weight Unboxed: 20.2 pounds. Shipped Weight: 23.3 pounds.
Driver Array and Technical Highlights::Vertically aligned tweeter and midrange reduces lobing and comb filtering along the horizontal axis. 1" aluminum dome tweeter: FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation. Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response. 3.5" midrange driver:. Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior. Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer. Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts. Dual 5.25" woofers: Long stroke motor and suspension for high output. Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior. Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response. Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer. Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
SoundMatch Crossover Network::3-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. Midrange-to-tweeter crossover: 2.4 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes). Woofer-to-midrange crossover: 350 Hz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights::Separate sealed midrange enclosure shifts standing waves beyond the driver pass band, improving sound quality. Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction. Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB). Nominal impedance: 8 ohms. Sensitivity: 86 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz). Recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts.