The M6 design goal was very simple – A carefully engineered loudspeaker constructed from premium materials with form definitely following function. Built up to a quality not down to a price.
Drive units were chosen for their diaphragm material not their appearance or ‘cool’ factor. The cabinet design, outwardly straightforward, is in fact a composition of damping panels, viscoelastic materials, bracing, MDF, acoustic rated foam and Birch plywood.
This complexity neatly hidden on the inside. The crossover is laid out on a fibreglass circuit board for minimal device interaction and perfect consistency from one sample to the next. It is assembled from ‘no compromise’ components and hand soldered for longevity.
Some further key design features –
- A front firing port tuned for agile, correctly aligned bass and minimal interaction with surrounding room boundaries.
- Quality multi way binding posts mounted on a timber panel not a plastic cup. Recessed for a neat appearance and safety.
- Magnetically attached grilles included.
- All the above proudly designed, engineered and manufactured in the Stereotech facility in Brisbane, Australia.
M6 Crossover PCB - Designed and built in house at Dellichord
M6 'Chroma' Version - Match your speaker to any Dulux, Taubmans colour code
The Sound – The audible result of this engineering ‘care’ and striving to use the best available materials is a clean accurate sound. Incredibly good stereo imaging and staging. High levels of detail and a fast tuneful bass performance. The midrange offers a low colouration version of whatever recording you play. Overall the sound is very enjoyable and will have you ‘re-listening’ to your music collection. Don’t take our word for it though, please get in touch with us and arrange to come in for a demo.
As an Australian manufacture Dellichord constantly strives to source as many locally made raw materials as possible for our designs. Dellichord is a licensee of the Australian Made Campaign. Below is listed where the various key components of the M6 are made.
- Moisture Resistant Medium Density Fibreboard – Australia
- Paint – Australia
- Grille Cloth – Australia
- Internal Wiring – Australia
- Acoustic Foam – Australia
- Birch Plywood – Finland
- Glue – USA
- Crossover components – France, Poland and Thailand
- Drive units – Indonesia
- Impedance – 6 ohm nominal (5.7 ohm min)
- Crossover frequency – 2.2 Khz
- Freq response – 43Hz – 20Khz (bass ext 3dB down at 43Hz)(On axis response plus/minus 1.5dB 46Hz to 12Khz)
- Sensitivity – 86.5 dB @ 1 watt at 1m
- Power handling – 80 watt programme power. Can be used with quality amplifiers from 10 watt to 200 watt RMS
- Bass mid – 165mm – rubber surround – treated paper/natural fibre cone
- Tweeter – 26mm soft textile dome
- Cabinet construction – Finnish birch ply and Australian made MR MDF
- Finish – Dark Mocha and Satin Black front baffle or Silver Slate and Satin Black front baffle. Alternatively let you imagination run free with the M6 ‘Chroma’ version. Choose your own front baffle colour and couple it with either the Dark Mocha or Silver Slate enclosure finishes.
- Grille – Included – Magnetic
- Dimensions – 434mm high x 196mm wide x 303mm deep (inc grille when fitted).
- Weight – 9kgs (each) – 10kgs including packaging (each)
- Carton size – 52cm L x 37cm W x 28cm H
- Designed and manufactured in Australia.
CHT Solutions has been very prompt to respond and ship the items. I will never hesitate to buy from them again. More power to CHT Solutions!Thornleigh, NSW
CHT delivery was incredibly fast, Many thanks all for such an easy purchase process and super fast delivery. 5 stars from meMalaga, WA
Buying from CHT Solutions was easy and their price was great and I would recommend then to anyone seeking good Hi Fi equipment.Woonona, NSW
Fast delivery and great products. Would recommend them to anyone needing great service for sound advice.Truganina, VIC
CHT delivered the unit to South Australia within a couple of days. Amazing! Their phone customer service was professional and courteous. Will happily purchase from them againTranmere, SA