4-Way 4K HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Splitter with Smart Scaling, Audio Breakout and EDID Management
Our SP14CS 4K HDMI 2.0 splitter distributes a single HDMI source to four simultaneous outputs with both digital (S/PDIF) and analogue audio breakout.
The splitter supports full HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 with video resolutions up to and including 4K @ 60Hz 4:4:4 with automatic video down conversion on each output.
- 1x SP14CS
- 1x 5V/2A DC power supply
- 1x Mounting Kit
- 1x Quick Reference Guide
- Features 1x HDMI input that is replicated to 4x HDMI outputs
- Supports HDMI 2.0 18Gbps specification including HDR
- Supports up to 4K UHD 60Hz 4:4:4
- Video down-conversion on outputs allowing a display only capable of supporting lower video resolutions (4K 60Hz 4:2:0 or 1080p) to receive 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 video content while still showing maximum original 4K UHD resolution on remaining video outputs
- Supports all industry standard video resolutions including VGA-WUXGA and 480i-4K
- Supports all known HDMI audio formats including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio transmission
- HDMI audio breakout to analogue L/R audio and optical digital outputs concurrently
- Advanced EDID management
HDCP 2.2 Support
- Video Input Connectors: 1x HDMI Type A
- Video Output Connectors: 4x HDMI Type A
- EDID: 4-PIN DIP switch
- Smart Scale: 4-PIN DIP switch
- Audio Output Connectors: 1x Digital (Optical), 1x Analogue audio L/R (3.5mm stereo Jack)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 203mm x 84mm x 23mm , without feet
- Shipping Weight: 0.8kg
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature : -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Power Supply: 5V/2A DC
This HDMI splitter is probably the best available at this size but comes with some caveats. For starters it is not capable of actually splitting 4K, 10-bit video at 4:4:4 (no compression), despite that being one of its preset profiles. Best it can do is 4K, 10-bit video at 4:2:0, which isn't such a big deal and is in fact the limit described by the HDMI 2.0 spec. Trying this at 4:4:4 will cause frequent flickering.
The bigger limitation is the splitter's complete inability to passthrough DDC (or CEC for that matter) commands, even in EDID bypass mode, so it basically gimps whatever monitors it is outputting to for a user such as myself. However, DDC passthrough is unheard of outside of select evaluation boards, so I can't say this shortcoming is unfair.
On the plus side the splitter can be programmed via its serial micro USB port. The Baud rate is 57600 (this isn't recorded anywhere) and typing 'help' produces a useful array of commands. It's very easy to program and troubleshoot. The splitter's build quality is excellent and the fact it can easily be mounted via screws is great. It absolutely feels like a professional product.
Despite being a bit disappointed this is in truth a very good splitter. It's just not quite as cutting edge as I thought I was paying for.
CHT Solutions has been very prompt to respond and ship the items. I will never hesitate to buy from them again. More power to CHT Solutions!Thornleigh, NSW
CHT delivery was incredibly fast, Many thanks all for such an easy purchase process and super fast delivery. 5 stars from meMalaga, WA
Buying from CHT Solutions was easy and their price was great and I would recommend then to anyone seeking good Hi Fi equipment.Woonona, NSW
Fast delivery and great products. Would recommend them to anyone needing great service for sound advice.Truganina, VIC
CHT delivered the unit to South Australia within a couple of days. Amazing! Their phone customer service was professional and courteous. Will happily purchase from them againTranmere, SA