We've always considered ourself as a bit of a trendsetter in the industry and like to challenge the way it's always been done. So from today we have decided to be one of the first to accept Cryptocurrencies as payment for Home Theatre and HiFi Products.
This is just an option for those who have been looking for more retailers to start accepting this payment option. If this is not something you're interested in then we'll still always provide our existing payment options such as Credit Card, Paypal, Zip and Humm.
Initially we'll be accepting Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum coins.
What is cryptocurrency
It is a digital currency that can be used to buy goods or services, the difference to standard currency is it uses an online ledger with strong cryptography which ensures secure online transactions. They work using technology called blockchain which is a decentralised technology which manages and records transactions.
Why are we accepting cryptocurrency?
- We consider cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin and Ethereum to be an emerging market.
- We see it as a very secure payment system.
- We know there are people out there asking for more retailers to start accepting cryptocurrency and we'd like to give them the opportunity.
Guide for paying with cryptocurrency on CHT Solutions
You start your purchase like you normally would, when you get to the checkout page fill your customer details. You are then presented with the option to choose the payment method Coinbase Commerce, this is used to process payments using Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash or Ethereum from your own Cryptocurrency wallet.
- Do we still pay GST and Tax on cryptocurrency purchases?
- Yes, all transactions are reported as the Australian dollar amount as per your Tax Invoice, we still need to pay GST and Tax on all cryptocurrency sales.
- Do I need to have a Coinbase Wallet to make payments?
- No, all cryptocurrency wallets can be used to make a payment to us.
- Is paying with cryptocurrency safe?
- Yes, cryptocurrency is very safe, when you make a payment you are not revealing any sensitive information.